Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's been awhile...

Once again, I've let posting to my blog lapse. . .

Life has taken me on a meandering side trail this summer. I began stressed over finding a job until I finally realized that since I've put my life in God's hands, He is the one calling the shots. And He has a plan, and it'll be a good plan... when it's all said and done.

I'll tell more about this later.

For now, I want to tell you what I've been up to.

I've been giving my house a make over. It all started with wanting to paint and make our bedroom a relaxing place with a bit of romantic flair. (I'll post pictures of it in a later post.) Just when I was nearly done, I woke up one morning with the words, "If you change the atmosphere of your home, it will bring about a change in attitudes as well."

I asked a few friends if they felt this was a true statement, and they felt that there was truth to it. So I began looking around and seeing possibilities. . . .

At times, I feel I should be doing other things. Like getting out more and doing summery type stuff. But it's really hot and there's nowhere we really want to go.

Or I should be writing more... but I've been dry of words lately.

Definitely, I should be looking for work... unfortunately, there simply isn't many positions and those that are open are being filled by people who have more experience. Of course.

However, decorating ideas flow like spring water after a heavy rain.

Thoughts and worries about Tomorrow often come banging on my door. I peer out and consider them a moment, but have refused to let them in.

Sometimes, I think, the best thing one can be doing is to simply BE.


BE in the moment.

BE there to listen.

BE flexible.

BE at peace and rest in the truth that the God of this universe promises to take care of our lives.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34


So, in the enthusiasm of turning my house upside down, and working on changing attitudes: both inside and out... the days have flew by. I'm living in the moment. Or trying my best. And this moment seemed to call for me to stop in here and visit awhile.


Who knows where the next turn of the clock will take me. . . .


J.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails