Sunday, July 25, 2010

Compassion That Never Fails

Pulling this from the archives. Some things bear repeating... enjoy and be blessed!

Lord, I feel so weighted down. So weary of it all. I know you require
me to lay these hurts, these burdens, down at your feet, but I'm at a
loss. How do I let go when they seem to be made of a sticky substance and wont
let me go? I want to shake off the frustrations, but they seem so binding I
can't break loose...
So I stood, head bowed in church as the worshippers encouraged everyone to sing praises, to let go of the things hindering true and free worship. Eyes closed, I begged for answers, at a loss of what to do.


How, Father do I find freedom? How, my Lord, do I break free from these
situations that drag me down?


Suddenly, the worship team went into this song. Sit back and listen, take in the words. Be sure to turn off the music on the sidebar. Because as this song played, I began to understand....







I began to understand that it didn't matter what was going right or going wrong. Because Oh, how He loves us. His love for us is a jealous love. It's powerful like a hurricane. It's beautiful. It's overwhelming like the deep seas.

If I really thought about it, like the song says, "I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about... the way...

He loves us..."


Lamentations 3:20-26- (NIV)
My soul is downcast within me.

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:
Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.




They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."
The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.

You Tube Video of Kim Walker from Jesus Culture singing "Oh How He Loves Us"

Photo of sunrise over elementary school where I work.

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails