Friday, March 19, 2010

Faith and Prayer #36

Dear Glorious Saints,

O the wonders of the loving kindness of the Lord! Taste and see that the Lord is good.

This morning I was thinking about Jeremiah 17: 7-8.
But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him.
He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when the heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.


I have prayed many times to be that tree, to be green and fruitful and without fear no matter what the circumstances. This morning as I thought about it I told the Lord I was sorry I had failed, that in the past months I really had withered. (The scarcity of these letters in recent months is evidence of that.)

Do you know what He said? He said that He had extended the drought to give me time to recover because I am that tree! Yes, the leaves have shriveled up and gotten brown around the edges but they have not fallen off and He has given me time and grace to green up again. The bears are no longer coming in the door (letter # 34) and I am not in the place I was a month ago even though the circumstances have not changed. He would not let the enemy have victory over me. Even in my weakness He has upheld me and strengthened me. Do you see how loving and kind He is?!

I am sitting here weeping over His goodness to me. I rejoice in Him and am so thankful even in the midst of the unchanged circumstances.

I wanted you to know because that same love and kindness extends to you. He wants you to have victory no matter what your circumstances.

With love and joy,

Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails