Saturday, March 20, 2010

Because God said so...

Learning to hear God...
Listening to that still small voice that comes from the deepest part of my spirit...
Trusting that what I hear in my spirit is true, and real...


And not something conjured up.

This is especially hard for a writer who lives most of her days engaged within her imagination.
Yet, Hannah Hurnard said in her book, The Winged Life that imagination is the gift God gives his children to help them connect to him.
I think back to those in the Bible who were able to connect with God Almighty. Moses whom God told to lead his people out of bondage. Abraham who was told to sacrifice his own son to show his love for God was greater than that of his only son. Or how about the many prophets, or Jesus himself who never did anything he didn't see the Father doing or instructing first.
Why is it so hard to believe God wants to speak to us in the same manner today? And when He does, why do we pepper ourselves with doubt and fears that we've gotten it wrong?
I know that in my spirit, I can hear God. Many times the things I've heard ended up coming true. Yet there are those few times. Like when it seems he wants you to reach out to a friend and that friend is unresponsive. Or you've been told to do something and it seems pointless. A waste of time.
And I'm left thinking, "Oops, I must have missed it."
But did I? Hard to say.
What I do know is that God is faithful. "I am God," he says in Isa. 43:13. "Yes and from ancient day I am he. No one can deliver out of my hand. When I act, who can reverse it?"
So I suppose that if God decides something is going to be, who can change it? Maybe we don't always hear exactly right. Perhaps we misunderstand. But if he's made up his mind about how something will work, then I simply need to trust that he will work it out for the best. His way. As he sees fit.
And that's exactly what I'm going to do.
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails