Monday, February 22, 2010

When Your Heart Feels All Prickly

It seemed like I was at odds with everyone. Arguments flew back and forth daily. I felt discontent and disappointed in myself. And I felt the distance between me and God growing like an opening chasm.

My heart had taken a beating. It didn't feel dead, though. But prickly.
Don't get too close or you might get poked too.
My greatest desire was to simply be left alone.
And sometimes, the trials of daily life leaves our ground dry and our heart full of thorns. It does mine.



Life is full of storms and challenges. These can either break us down, and they sometimes do...
or they can build us up. All the same, God allows them to come.
Sometimes, I'm like the disciples who cry out in fear for the Lord to save. I'm sure His response is, "Oh you of little faith!!"
For it's my lack of faith that makes the storm so scary. Lack of faith in who He is and who I am in Him.
I was recently asked, who are you, Jackie?
I couldn't answer. Not at the moment. Yet the truth is, I'm a daughter of the King. I'm a greatly loved daughter. No matter what happens, I'm under his care. His protection.
My daddy God is always there in my trials.
You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. On the very day I call to you for help, my enemies will retreat. This I know: God is on my side. Ps. 56:8-9
He is our ever-present help in times of trouble. Nothing gets past him, nothing. He's not some big God who simply sets the world in motion and forgets about us. He's promised that He's interested in our daily lives. He desires to smooth out the rough places in our lives. To mend the broken hearted.



When I let Him in, listen and act in obedience, then my heart softens back up. My step is back on His firm paths. My spirit is good, fertile ground again.
The Lord will keep you from all harm. He will watch over your life, the Lord
will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more. Psalm
121:8

Father God, thank you for your mercies that are new every morning. Thank you for loving me, even when my heart is prickly with disobedience, pride, selfishness or anything else that causes a distance between me and You. It's your unconditional love that bridges the gaps. That mends the broken places. Thank you for that love. Help me to walk in Your freedom that You offer each of your children. Amen.
Godbless you all,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails