Friday, February 5, 2010

Faith and Prayer #34

Dear Glorious Saints,

Last night I had a dream that I really want to share with you. In the dream I was in a house that had a sliding glass door with a sliding screen. The door was open and the outside screen door was shut. A bear came up to the screen door and starting sliding it open. I was terrified and thought to myself, “He knows how to get in!” I ran to shut and lock the glass door before he made his way through.

In the dream there was another similar door and another bear. Again, I had the realization that he could get in if I did not do something to stop him.

When I awoke, I knew what the dream meant. I later got up and went to journal about it and noticed this entry of what I was sensing the Lord saying to me yesterday: “Do not fear. Do not let discouragement in the door.” It really confirmed the meaning of the dream to me.

The enemy knows my weaknesses and he knows how to “get in”. If I do not guard my heart, if I do not keep the door shut to him and locked, then he will try to find a way in. I believe the Lord showed me that I need to be as determined to guard my heart as I was to shut and lock the door to keep the bear out. My life and certainly my joy and peace depend on it.

I am grateful to the Lord for the vivid picture and for this key reminder for me. I have needed it. I am very thankful for Him, His care, wisdom and love, and for all of you who are so dear to me.

With love and gratitude,
Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails