Friday, January 15, 2010

Faith and Prayer #33

Dear Glorious Saints,

I’ve said before that God seems to give me long term prayer projects, so when I get an instant answer to prayer, I get really excited. I just did.

We have been doing the *Experiencing God Bible study again. In one of the first lessons Blackaby says, “Always go to the Bible and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the truth of your situation to you.” (p.14) I was struggling with some things in my life and I knew I needed to do that. So I prayed and asked God to show me His perspective on it and felt like the Lord directed me to a book in the Bible. Reading that book really shed light on my situation and I was very grateful.

Now, five weeks later, the study asks, “Are you currently praying for anything God is not granting? If you answered yes, pause and ask God to help you understand what He is doing in your life. Then watch to see what happens next or pay attention to what He begins to reveal to you through His word.” (p.115) Since I answered, “Yes,” I stopped and prayed, asked God to help me understand and wondered what would happen next.

The very next section that I read was on the silences of God and it focused on the exact same book of the Bible that God had directed me to five weeks earlier! What tremendous confirmation to me. I wish I could say my faith is so strong that I did not need that reassurance again, but I did. And I am very grateful that He is so kind and loving to me to set that up and affirm once again how He views what I am going through.

I know He loves me but I also know He loves you too. If you need His perspective on your situation then ask the Holy Spirit to reveal it to you and watch to see what happens next. Let me know!

Expectantly,

Marianne
*Let me put in a plug for Experiencing God. If you have never done it let me say that it has been the most life changing study that I have ever done. This is probably my 5th time through it and God is still using it to impact my life.

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails