Monday, October 18, 2010

The Secret of Contentment

I know what is is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.
I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether
well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.

Philippians 4:12
Wish I could say I epitomized this scripture. But I don't.

However, I have learned how not to panic, most of the time, when things don't go the way I had planned. Most of the time. Perhaps 80/20. Ok, Ok, 70/30. Whatever.

In my certification classes, the instructors said that, as teachers, we need to be flexible and ready to handle change at a moments notice. Eeish. Like, as if. Who really does that anymore? I mean, really?

What I have learned, however, is that whatever I face, or whatever hits me from behind, I'm not alone in dealing with it. Earlier this week, I visited one of my favorite blogs, and found a wonderful phrase from the author which I've copied in my journal so I can remember it.

"Pray, process all the steps through in your mind, and prepare... and don't stop praying."

This is something I have learned while walking with the Holy Spirit. I have found that when I don't panic, if I'll just take a deep breath and ask, "what now?" An answer will come.

As I pondered this, another scripture came to me from Ephesians 6:13-"Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so when the day of evil comes, (such as troubles, challenges, obstacles, conflicts or disappointments) you may be able to stand your ground, (Pray, process, prepare and pray some more) and after you have done everything, to stand." Then in vs 18, it goes on to say: "And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kind of prayer and request. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints."

Be alert.

That means keeping my eyes outward focused and not inward focused.



Pray, process, prepare and Pray!

Stand your ground, and after you've done everything, keep standing.
Keep praying.
Keep listening.
Then pray some more.

Father God, Keep me from getting knocked off my feet when things don't go my way. Help me to stand firm and know without a doubt, that you are in control of my live. May I remember to stop and seek out your wisdom when faced with obstacles. May I learn the secret of being content in any and every situation. Help me learn this. Teach me your ways, O Lord. I love you. Thank you for your many blessings and provisions. Amen.

Rest in ease, my friends!
J
This is from my archives. I needed to be reminded. Hope it blesses you again as it has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails