Monday, February 14, 2011

All You Really Do Need Is LOVE...

Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong.
They are weak, but He is strong....

When I was very little, I knew this song by heart. And, as my family often told me, I'd sing it whenever I got into trouble.

My mom would narrow her eyes at me as she retold the story and say, "Do you know how hard it is to spank a child that's singing Jesus Loves Me at the top of her lungs?



Singing about how He loves me got me out of a lot of trouble back then.

And it still does. 

Remembering, when times get tough, when the waters begin to rise and the storms rage, that He loves me. He loves me. He loves me.

It's like a lifeboat. With a roof. And lots of flotation devices tucked inside.

Time and again, just the knowledge that Jesus loves...
It makes all the difference in the world. Even now it keeps me out of trouble. Even now, despite everything that does or can happen, knowing He loves me and has my best interest at heart is more than enough.

I hope it is for you too.

Yes, Jesus love me... Yes, Jesus loves me... Yes, Jesus loves me...     I just know it down deep in my heart


Happy Valentines Day, Friends

(turn off the music on the sidebar and enjoy.)

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails