Friday, June 12, 2009

Faith and Prayer #26

Dear Glorious Saints,

I recently read again one of my favorite Bible stories: the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego and the fiery furnace. I have always loved that story and a few years ago the Lord really spoke to me through it. This week God reminded again of the truth of what He said.

The part that really captured me was when they came out of the furnace: “They saw the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them.” (Dan. 3: 27)



I was going through a really hard time and not handling it too well and I told the Lord, “Not only do I smell of smoke, Lord, I stink!” In His great kindness He said to me, “It’s okay, Marianne. You are still in the fire, but when you come out you will smell just fine.”

What tremendous encouragement that was to me! He was still in the process of burning away the cords that bound me but when He was done, just like the three Israelites, I would be fine.

How grateful I have been for that word through the years. There have been many fires and lots of smoke but I thank Him so much that as I have come out of each one, I have emerged unharmed, looking a little more like Him, and not smelling too bad either!

So I am confident of this: “…that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.” (Ph. 1:6)

Smelling better,
Marianne








Marianne Paulus is a marriage and family educator. She offers weekly classes in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex on Marriage Preparation. She also teaches at the Mid-Cities Pregnancy Center.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Marianne. I love how God continues working with us, and that He is with us in the fire. I'm still smoky in a few areas, but oh boy, do I love the ones where I've allowed Him to clean me up good! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails