Monday, April 18, 2011

When You're Eye to Eye With a Tuna

Be joyful always;
1 Thess. 5:16


When I got out of bed this morning, I wasn't too joyful. More like, overwhelmed and discouraged. As if I'd stepped out of bed into deep waters, I felt submerged in a sea of Way-To-Much-To-Do. My list of things I needed to accomplish flooded my heart, and as I walked around the house and saw how behind I was in taking care of things, I sank deeper into confusion and lack of direction. 


How do I let myself get to where I'm eye to eye with a tuna? 


pray continually;
1 Thess. 5:17


That's exactly what I began doing... praying. "Lord, how do I get all of this done? How do I focus my time, take care of my responsibilities, yet continue to do the task I need to do? 


When you ask, a way out begins to reveal itself. 
Normally, I look at my list and dive into it, then about mid-day, I wear down and it takes awhile to get myself going again. As I thought about my rhythm, I realized I'd do better working with myself, than against myself. Since I'm more creative in the morning, I should set that time aside for writing work. In the afternoon, when my mind gets groggy, its a prime time to get outside and work in the yard, or do some housework. Anything physical. 


This made so much sense, and I tried it today, finding it really did work. 


He doesn't leave us submerged for long. A hand always reaches down into the depths and pulls us back up. 


give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thess. 5:18


Soon as the doom and gloom hit me, I fought back. I grabbed my Gratitude journal and began to think of the gifts I'd seen lately. It's amazing, how once your eyes are focused on the good, everything else falls into focus as well. Joy returned. So did an eagerness to figure a way to get everything done. 


I wrote down all the things I've started, every project I want to do, every job that needs to be done and every writing piece I need to work on. It's like putting all your ducks in a row, so to speak. Now I know what I have. Now I can begin to break down how I will get it done. 


He pulled me out, spitting and sputtering, but I feel my breaths again. I'm back on solid ground. I can see a path, a way through. Of course it's there. It's always been there. 




No matter what you are faced with, start with counting the blessings. It clears your mind like a fresh wind clears away the clouds. Don't let discouragement keep you submerged in hopelessness. 


He loves you. He has good plans for you. If He is for you, none can stand against you. He will make a way. There is always a way through. 


Go ahead. Throw back your head and smile big. Let praises rise up with reckless abandon. He is good and worth to be praised. 


Be blessed, 
J. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails