Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wonderment Wednesday - Jesus' Prayer for us

Just as you, Father, are in me and I in you,
So they might be one heart and mind with us,
Then the world might believe that you, in fact, sent me.
The same glory you gave me, I gave them, 
So they'll be as unified and together as we are--
I in them and you in me.
Then they'll be mature in this oneness,
And give the godless world evidence
That you've sent me and loved them
In the same way you've loved me.

Father, I want those you gave me 
To be with me, right where I am.

So they can see my glory, the splendor you gave me.
Having loved me
Long before there ever was a world.
Righteous Father, the world has never known you.
But I have known you, 
And these disciples know that you sent me on this mission. 
I have made your very being known to them--

Who you are and what you do--
And continue to make it known....




So that your love for me might be in them
Exactly as I am in them.

John 17:24-26 (MSG)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails