Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's My Birthday

My grandma was around 86 when she passed away. Today, I'm halfway there.

And I don't say that to be morbid, or down about my birthday. But there comes a time when you simply have to stop and say, "What the heck are you doing?"

While I was in Summer Academy for my teacher certification, one of the instructors said there's three important questions you should ask children to redirect them.

1. What are you doing?

2. What are you supposed to be doing?

3. What are you going to do about it?


I think 43 is a good time to stop and ask these questions.

Happy Birthday cake Pictures, Images and Photos



What are you doing with your life, Jackie? Nearly half of it is passed, are you making the most out of the opportunities God gives you?

Think I'll come back to that one later.

What are you supposed to be doing, Jackie? Are you doing what God's asked you to do? Are you using the talents he's given you to the best of your abilities? Are you staying on the path He's laid out for you?

Uh, can I have some time to think about that and check my notes? I'll get back to you shortly.

Lastly, Jackie, what are you going to do with the rest of your life? What are you going to do with this precious gift of life the Father has bestowed upon you? What?

I really do want to make the most of it. I do, oh, I do.

Father, help me not to waste a moment of the wonderful talents you've gifted me with. Let me not waste a moment of this precious life you've given me. I have so much to be thankful for. More gifts and blessings than a table piled to the ceiling with packages can match. Thank you, for my life, thank you. Help me to make the most of it, for your glory. Amen!



What does the worker gain from his toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on men. He has made everything beautiful in its
time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what
God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for men
than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink
and find satisfaction in all his toil-- this is the gift of God. I know that
everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing
taken from it; God does it so that men will revere him.

Ecclesiastes 3:9-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails